So I made the curry in my last blog and it ended up being very cost effective and tasty, everything ended up being about $8 and it is lasting me through the entire week. The next thing I am going to be working on is breakfast, my breakfast are always the same and I think it would be fun to put some variety into it and to work on cost effectiveness. O the daily basis I have 2 eggs, spinach, cherry tomatoes and spinach for breakfast, while this is very healthy and tastes awesome it adds up over the months and I think that there are some other recipes out there that can give me a break from my everyday egg creation. While googling ideas I cam across overnight oats and am going to try a few of the recipes this upcoming we¼ cup oats (I prefer old-fashioned, but quick cook works fine)
Banana Maple Overnight Oats:
1 tbsp chia seed
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
A splash of vanilla
½ ripe banana, sliced
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp maple syrup
A small handful of pecans, toasted*
- In a small bowl or jar, combine oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, almond milk, and vanilla. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight, at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, microwave sliced bananas and peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds, or until bananas are soft and peanut butter is melted. Add to chilled oats.
- Drizzle in maple syrup and top with pecans; stir until combined. Enjoy!
- ½ ripe banana, thinly sliced
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp bulgur wheat
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp millet
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp chocolate flavored whey protein powder
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
The previous night
- Bring water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a plastic container with a fitting lid, mix all ingredients except for protein powder and milk.
- Add boiling water, stir until well combined. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours)
In the morning
- Stir in protein powder.
- Transfer to serving bowl and add milk.
- Garnish with a few carob chips, slices of banana or coconut shavings (like I did), if desired.
- Sit back and prepare to visit heaven